I went into the OB today to be mointored. They call the tests Non-Strest test or NST, but I assure you, they really stress a momma out. Watching that line for contractions, listening to the baby's super fast heartbeat, having the nurse in and out 50 million times, poking, proding and looking at those little lines is stressful. I know they are talking about the baby, but still, I think they need to come up with a more appropriate name.
The Good News: There were no contractions picked up on the monitor this morning. The baby looked awesome and was nice and active.
The Bad News: I am officially in Pre-term Labor. I got checked again and was 2 cm and 90% effaced. I will be 33 weeks in 2 days. I got sent to the hospital for a shot of steroids for baby girl's lung development. That shot to the rump was not fun. They give 2 shots 24 hours apart. I go back tomorrow for the second shot (in the other cheek :) If I can hold out and get that other shot I dramactically improve baby's outlook. The doctor said if I can stay pregnant 9 more days to 34 weeks, she would be ecstatic. But... steroid shots are only effective before 34 weeks, and she is not confident that I will make it that far. So better safe than sorry. I would really like to have at least a 36-37 weeker, but the doctor said she would be "really surprised" if the baby bakes that long.
I am just trying to relax. Although I know that modern medicine is amazing, and that everything will probably end up fine, I can't help but worry about having a preemie. I want her born fat and healthy, and she needs to stay in my nice protective womb to do that. At this point, Dr. said that much of it is beyond my control. Even making it past 29 weeks when this first started is a big deal. I am grateful for that. But really worried at the same time.
Please say your prayers for our baby girl!
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kristi, my thoughts are with you and the baby...I'm going to call the Temple and put your name in. Now...usually little girls are stronger than little boys so take hope and strength in that. Remember Heavenly Father is in control,no matter what! Doesn't knowing that just lower your stress..like immediately?! Love to you and your family.
Hi Kristi! This Lacie's daughter (in case you weren't sure!) I just wanted to tell you that I love your blog. You're such a great writter! I hope you and the baby are doing ok today! I'll be thinking about you!
Post a Comment