Okay, I have been missing the last little while and I have so much to catch up on and so much to blog about.
First things, I should probably give a pregnancy update as that has been the primary reason I have fallen off the blogging earth.
I went in for a routine appt. yesterday. They were planning on repeating a FFN swab, and checking me in light of my previous appt. I have really been feeling crappy the last few weeks, tired, achy, tense, you know all the typical yuckies of being preggers, just magnified the last little while. I knew I had been having contractions, but didn't really think that I was having enough to do too much. Apparently I have made more signifigant progress, I am 1.5 cm dilated and 80% effaced now. The doctor kinda scared me, she packed up my swab and told me to get over to the Women's Center! (where I will deliver, weeks from now :) I hand delivered my swab to OB triage, and they hooked me up to the montior. When I went in I was having pretty good contractions every 2 to 3 minutes! I was really scared and freaked out to be there. Anywhoo, after an hour of these fun contractions, I got a nice big shot of Tributiline. Then I got montiored some more. The contraction monitor flat lined. That was a huge relief. I got sent home with a script for a med to take around the clock until they tell me otherwise. I went back to the doc today, and they refered me to a high-risk perinatologist. We have an appt with him first thing in the morning. He will do an ultrasound to check the baby's size and development, my cervical length in centimeters, and give his recommendation for an action plan. We will know much more tomorrow. The doctors are saying that holding out 3 more weeks should put us in a safe window, allowing us to bring home a healthy baby after delivery. I am almost 32 weeks. They have said anything after 35 poses much less risk of NICU time and prematurity issues. There is a great possiblilty of bringing home the baby with no or little special care after that point. We'll see how our little babe looks tomorrow, and hopefully rule out any other complications. I'll update when we know more.
Uh-oh! I 've used up all of my blogging time on my drama... I know it's so much more fun to read about the girls or Levi. Sorry! You'll have to check back for more. It's coming, I promise. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
o man i hope everythihng goes okay! that is scary
Post a Comment