Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Littlest

The first 2 Penrod baby girls were never really what you would call chunky or umm...hearty. Kennedie, in fact, was so small as a baby and toddler that she underwent a battery of tests to make sure she was ok. She was never on the growth charts. She was potty-trained out of a size 3 diaper. Kelsie was a bit on the small size also. Always ranging in the 15-25% for her weight. So when Kylar was born 4 weeks early, I was really worried about how small she would be, how she would gain weight and grow...

Now, at 6 1/2 months, she is just fine. The chubbiest of them all. Already in a size 3 diaper. Just 6 pounds lighter than her almost 3 year old sister. Topping the growth charts. This is uncharted territorty for me. I have fed her just same as the other two--strictly breastmilk. I am used to being able to buy clothes that get a several months of wear. I was buying the big boxes of diapers from Costco and she was outgrowing them before we could use them all. I was looking through all those growth sheets you get at the doctor and Kylar is the size Kennedie was at 16 months and Kelsie at 12. Much longer and she won't be the littlest!

Good thing her chunk and thighs make her so cute! I love her--WE love her. She's starting to scoot around the house, and always seems to find someone who wants to love on her. She's the smiley-est baby and goes to bed and wakes up happy. I've never had a baby like that either. Our baby Ky-Ky is the sweetest and growing waaayyy too fast.


5 comments:

Kassi Jane said...

o my goodness she is so cute! i cant believe how little the others were either!

Granny J said...

It appears the first 2 have Great-Great Grandma Pena's genes and the last has the Wiltbank strain!


Thanks for the TeaParty pics! I finally looked at them last night...I knew there had to be more than what was being reported. Isn't it just a bit scary that with all our technology it takes weeks to get the truth out!?

Darrell and Ashlee said...

how cute!! she is adorable chubby! Talin was very chubby too!

Ryan and Corie said...

What a cutie! All 3 of your girls are so gorgeous!! I love chubby babies!

Anonymous said...

She is so cute-I think chunky bald babys are the best. Probably b/c I have one of those on my hands too. Kyrri had her 6 month shots on monday and heighed in at 15lbs and 26 inches long.