The whole time Papa has been down here, my sweet grandma has been by his side. She is a great example of a wife, mother, and the matriarch of her family. Through most of this, I have got the pleasure of having her in my home. I know she thinks she was a burden, but she absoulutely was NOT! I loved getting to see her everyday. I loved that my girls got to spend so much time with her. Kelsie even warmed up to her, which is amazing. I know that the circumstances surrounding her visit were anything but ideal, but I am so grateful for the time I got with her. We miss her today.
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Bad Circumstances, Good Experience
About a month ago, my grandpa Hews fell and broke his hip. He was flown to Tucson where he developed multiple blood clots in his descending aorta and lungs. Things were very touch and go, but he needed surgery to repair his fracture, or he wouldn't walk again. The doctors where not very hopeful, saying that because of his age (83!), clotting issues, and condition of his heart, his chances for coming through were slim. We gathered together and decided to proceed with the surgery, as he would rather have some sort of quality of life than prolong his life, and left it all in Heavenly Father's hands. Amazingly he made it through surgery, but then developed and intestinal infection. He spent about 2 weeks in the hospital before he was transfered to a rehab facility... He got discharged yesterday! This experience re-affirmed for me that we all have a plan for our lives, and our days are numbered before we set foot on this earth. We'll go home when the Lord is ready for us.
The whole time Papa has been down here, my sweet grandma has been by his side. She is a great example of a wife, mother, and the matriarch of her family. Through most of this, I have got the pleasure of having her in my home. I know she thinks she was a burden, but she absoulutely was NOT! I loved getting to see her everyday. I loved that my girls got to spend so much time with her. Kelsie even warmed up to her, which is amazing. I know that the circumstances surrounding her visit were anything but ideal, but I am so grateful for the time I got with her. We miss her today.

The whole time Papa has been down here, my sweet grandma has been by his side. She is a great example of a wife, mother, and the matriarch of her family. Through most of this, I have got the pleasure of having her in my home. I know she thinks she was a burden, but she absoulutely was NOT! I loved getting to see her everyday. I loved that my girls got to spend so much time with her. Kelsie even warmed up to her, which is amazing. I know that the circumstances surrounding her visit were anything but ideal, but I am so grateful for the time I got with her. We miss her today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Love the pictures with Grandma! Whew, I'm glad Hews is doing well.
I love Mimi! She is the best! I'm so relieved that she finally gets to go home. Hopefully things will get back to normal. I love those pictures!!
I love grandma's and grandpas they are the best! I am glad everything is going good now!
Isn't it funny how things work out sometimes. Bad reason for her to be around, but your girls got to spend some good quality time with her!! Everything happens for a reason! You'll cherish those pictures forever now!
Post a Comment