If you have known Levi for a while, you may find this post unbelievable.
Guess what?!?
Levi cooks.
Really well. And often.
This is one thing I am very grateful that being a firefighter has taught him. As the "boot" or youngest/greenest guy at the station, a firefighter is expected to do the majority of the cleaning, grocery shopping and if they can, cooking. Levi NEVER cooked anything before this job, but has taken a real interest in learning. I taught him what a lot of what I knew and recipes that I use, and he has come home with a lot of new ones from the fire station. 2-3 full meals (they only do breakfast on special occasions) for a bunch of hungry picky men plus a daily shopping trip can really teach a guy a lot. I am very lucky to get to benefit from his skills.
He is still perfecting the art of cleaning up as you go, and clean up at all afterwards, but he is getting less picky about what he eats. If he cooks it, he'll eat it.
I will say, we do butt heads in the kitchen a bit now. Levi thinks he can tell me how to do things, what I should do, what I should buy, and sometimes he is even right. (Don't tell him that.) I hate to be told how to do things in my kitchen... But I guess I have to share it now.
2 comments:
that is so cool! i wish jordan would cook once in a while
Nothin' like trying to impress a bunch of burly men! I don't remember Jordan cooking much actually. At least not compared to Josh...he made chicken fried steaks on a daily basis. But don't be fooled, Jordan makes great peanut brittle and chocolate chip cookies. Marci Ramsey taught him.
Love the pics.
Post a Comment